Copy My Win7 Desktop
I’m rather fond of my new desktop setup, as are a few friends and family members who’ve had a look at it. If you’d like to have a similar setup, follow these steps…
- The software behind the whole setup is called Rainmeter. Head over and get the Rainmeter CMS for Windows 7 (64-bit in my case).
- I recommend that you check out the DeviantArt Gallery and see many of the other desktops that people have created. You might find one that you like better than mine.
- If you don’t, download the Rain2 Theme from DeviantArt. I liked that one a lot.
- Then, download the theme installer that I created here – Rain2_Steph Theme. Double-click on that and it should open right up in the Rainmeter installer.
- The cool-looking dock at the bottom is called Rocketdock. Head over to Rocketdock.com to download that installer and add the package to your computer.
- The next fun thing I got is a Stacklet add on called Stacks Docklet. Make sure you follow the instructions on the page to set the permissions. Here’s what that does…
- There’s a GREAT VIDEO on how to set up your Stacks Docklet. I highly recommend it. Just keep pausing and doing it step-by-step.
- I also suggest that you dig around and find some icons that you like. Here’s a good example of some ICONS.
- I wasn’t terribly thrilled with the clock that the docklet came with. I couldn’t read it quickly. So I downloaded THIS CLOCK and made some modifications. I changed the font to one I liked and made it bigger. I also changed the formatting to h:mm, M/d.
- There’s also a themesaver that I added .
When I get time and figure out how, I’ll put up a file with all of my dock settings so those can be easily downloaded as well. Good luck and have fun customizing!