My Jailbreak Setup
I decided to post what packages I have installed on my iPhone 4 iOS 4.1 jailbreak, with short descriptions. I’ll try to keep these updates as I go and even keep notes when I delete things and why. I’ll also note installations on my other phones.
- Steph’s iPhone: (iPhone 4 – 4.1) This is my iPhone. I’m running iOS 4.1 because I had already done the update before jailbreaking. (See my [cref how-to-jailbreak-an-iphone] article for jailbreaking instructions.
- Kendra’s iPhone: (iPhone 4 – 4.1) This is my daughter’s iPhone. She had done the 4.1 update, but thankfully not the 4.2, so she didn’t have to go through the [cref downgrade-an-iphone4-ios] process before jailbreaking.
- Home iPhone: (iPhone 3G – 4.0) This is our 3rd mobile phone that we use as a home phone or a backup phone. It was my old phone before I bought my new iPhone 4. I was already running iOS 4.0 and have never updated since.
If you’re not extremely familiar with how to install and uninstall, I recommend that you check out my [cref how-to-install-jailbreak-apps] article. And if you’re not familiar with the method, read the [cref make-multiple-backups-in-itunes] article.
Installed Jailbreak Packages
- Action Menu – adds extra options to the copy/paste menu. There’s also a paid version if you want to upgrade
- CrashReporter – lets you know what app is the culprit when something causes your phone to go into safe mode
- CyDelete – makes it possible to delete Jailbreak apps just like App Store apps
- Cydia – the jailbreak installer app
- Five Icon Dock – Allows up to 5 icons (or more) instead of 4 in the task switcher
- iBlank – Blank icons to organize your home screens
- infinifolders – gives you the ability to have an unlimited number of apps in your folders (Apple limits it to 12)
- Lockscreen Clock Hide – hides the clock on the lockscreen so you don’t get a duplicate clock from the Lockscreen Weather Add-On
- MIM – (Make it mine) used to change the AT&T or clock logo to the text of your choice. My name in my case.
- MxBackup – Backup MxTube videos to restore later
- MxTube – YouTube Video downloader
- SBSettings – a pop-up control panel for various toggles and actions
- WinterBoard – flexible theme controller
- biteSMS – text messaging utility with features like smileys, Quick Reply, Quick Compose, privacy, scheduled SMS, passcode lock, delivery reports, and signatures.
- LockInfo – Allows you to control info on your LockScreen
- PkgBackup – automates package backup and installation of Cydia programs and your icon layout
Winterboard Themes Enabled
- Glasklart (Make sure to disable “BundledWallpaper”) – this is my main theme. I LOVE IT! It’s a nice glass theme that really displays your background image well with the transparent icons and there are a lot of icons, making the package very big.
- LISport_M_Green – LockInfo theme
- LockInfo icons – replaces LockInfo plugin grey icons with color icons
- No Icon Shadows – iBlank – turns off the icon shadows for iBlank
- SMS_Black – black and blue theme for SMS
- User Wallpaper – allows me to use my own wallpaper (see my Christmas Tree image above)
SBSettings Theme Enabled:
- Shwank – Nice dark theme. I also like the Glasklart one.
- LockInfo Weather – Adds a nice weather tool to the lockscreen
Note: I have recently added MiWi and plan to add AutoSilent after my next backup.