Return Samsung Infuse to Stock
The information on this page came from the XDA Developers forum and was posted by user gtg465x .
Have you bricked or in some other way completely screwed your Samsung Infuse 4G? Use the method below to unroot and return your phone to stock. I was running into a continuously degrading problem with google apps errors on my phone. Unfortunately, although I followed this process, it made the situation worse. For more information, see my Google Sync Error article.
What this is:
A package to return your device to a completely stock state. It differs from h8rift’s packages in that it includes a PIT file to repartition your phone. This is especially useful for those who accidentally flashed the wrong PIT (cough… bella) or screwed up their partitions some other way.
Is this dangerous?:
No. The PIT file GTG created has been tested and confirmed working by GTG, others on the XDA Developers Forum, and myself.
- Make sure the drivers for the Infuse 4G are installed (If you’re not sure, get Samsung Keis HERE.)
- Download and unzip GTG’s_Ultimate_Unbrick.zip
- Run Odin3 v1.7.exe as administrator. (Right-Click and select Run As Administrator)
- Place your phone into download mode (pull battery, replace battery, press and hold both volume buttons while plugging in the USB cable)
- Make sure your phone shows up in Odin as COM##
- Click the PIT button and choose infuse.pit (and make sure Re-Partition is checked)
- Click the PDA button and choose PDA_UCKD5.tar.md5
- Click the PHONE button and choose PHONE_UCKD5.tar.md5
- Press Start
- The phone screen will tell you to reset/reboot by holding both volume keys and pressing and holding the power key. Do this until the phone resets.
- Once you see the carrier logo on the screen, disconnect the phone from the USB cable.
- In the rare case that it finishes and your phone proceeds to boot loop, pull the battery, replace it, press and hold both volume keys and then press and hold the power key, keep holding all three buttons until 3e recovery comes up, select “delete all user data”, and finally select “reboot system now”.
—-Download from Multiupload.com—-